ADVICE FOR INDIVIDUALS
MENTAL HEALTH & HELPFUL LINKS
Hospitality Action have an enormous wealth of resources in their Covid-19 Wellbeing Hub. They can offer support with everything from mental health, addiction, domestic abuse, family relationships, to redundancy and rent and mortgages. Go online or call 0808 802 0282 to speak to them.
Free personal development courses from Virtual Training:
- Free Courses & Resources
- Free Learning Management System for 3 months
Headspace are offering some meditations you can listen to anytime, part of their collection called Weathering the storm.
Here is some advice specifically about digital health resources.
Other organisations offering support:
- Pilot Light
- Mental Health Foundation (a guide to look after your mental health during the Corona crisis)
- CAB or 03444 111 444
- Salesforce have created a publically available training course
- The Caterer have a dedicated redeployment hub to help those searching for work match their skills with current vacancies across the country
- Deliver for Just Eat
- To keep up with demand supermarkets have been actively hiring since the beginning of the pandemic. Links to their main vacancy pages have been included here:
- Aldi – https://www.aldirecruitment.co.uk
- Morrisons – https://morrisons.jobs/
- Tesco – https://www.tesco-careers.com/
- Asda – https://www.asda.jobs/vacancy/find/results/
- Do-it.org has a great selection of volunteering opportunities.
- Furlonteer is specifically designed to connect furloughed workers with volunteering opportunities
- Volunteer for FareShare – their volunteers are often elderly or at risk and they worry about not having enough volunteer cover. Find your closest centre here
- Volunteer for Chefs in Schools – message here – they are preparing food for vulnerable people in the community too
- OLIO launches the #cook4kids campaign, to help feed 1.3million vulnerable children missing out on school meals. Celebrity chefs including James Martin and Thomasina Miers back the campaign, sharing easy-to-follow recipes. Simply cook/prepare a free meal, upload a photo and organise a no-contact pick-up to help a local family. Use the #cook4kids hashtag.
- Covid Mutual Aid is a group of volunteers supporting local community groups organising mutual aid throughout the Covid-19 outbreak in the UK.
- Brasserie Blanc have set up a Facebook group, since closing their branches.
- Riverford offer advice on how to spread kindness not coronavirus
- OLIO are launching #Cook4Kids to help feed 1.3million vulnerable children missing out on school meals. See the jobs section on this page for more information.
- Support Food Cycle’s Coronavirus emergency response. Foodcycle feed the most vulnerable in our communities – they need our support now more than ever.